Sustained Energy and Razor-Sharp Focus
Energy. Focus. Stamina. When was the last time you heard yourself say that you have enough? Now think about the last time you ordered a coffee at 3pm with a side of sugar-buzz to get you through the dreaded afternoon slump.
Modern day living is certainly a deviation from the lifestyle of our ancestors in almost every way possible. We are busier, our days are fuller, our environment and lifestyle have changed astronomically, which can lead to feeling overwhelmed and stressed out.
In addition, the soil that we grow our produce in is deplete of many nutrients, which makes it challenging to acquire adequate amounts of nutrients, even if we eat a pretty good diet, leading to depletion and fatigue.
It’s no wonder that most of us need a little helping hand in the stamina and mental clarity department as well as support a healthy stress response in the body.
Key players for energy, mental focus and stress support
Energy and focus: Activated B complex vitamins
Energy is the product of our macronutrients, micronutrients, and metabolism – a cascade of different chemical reactions using the nutrients from foods to produce
Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP).
Enter B vitamins- so well-known and yet still often under-rated! These heroes are required for energy metabolism in optimal amounts for converting our food into energy.
B vitamins are essential micronutrients for cellular metabolism, energy production and fatigue management. They also play an indispensable role in supporting neurotransmitter synthesis, adrenal health, and thyroid function, whereby supporting a good mood and optimal stress response.
B vitamins are water soluble – which means that we can’t store reserves in the body, so we must top up our levels daily through our nutritional habits. These delicate substances are also vulnerable to heat from processing or cooking as well as suboptimal storage methods, while stress, poor sleep, inadequate nutrition and even a cheeky weekend out can drive up the body’s requirement for B complex vitamins. With this is mind it’s hardly surprising that many of us need to boost our levels.
Alcohol depletes B vitamins
Activated vs non-activated B vitamins
For sustained energy and cognitive function, B vitamins work best together - in harmony, like a symphony instead of individual instruments (as much as we all love a trombone solo), and these B vitamins must undergo a biotransformation known as ‘activation’, or ‘methylation’ to be useful. Depending on our genes, some of us may not be able to methylate as efficiently, rendering most B vitamins less effective at their roles. Luckily for us, the MULTI-TASKER is one step ahead, as it contains activated B vitamins immediately absorbable and biologically suitable. Read more about activated B vitamins here
Fighting fatigue and supporting focus with adaptogens
What if we told you… that there are a group of herbs which support the body and mind to resist the damaging impacts of stress? We aren’t making this up!
A favourite among naturopaths, the health-conscious and busy folk, Adaptogens are well known to improve physical and mental performance- and they’re rapidly
finding a home in our daily routines to help us keep our edge, stay a step ahead and support longevity.
- Ashwagandha has stolen the spotlight for its adaptogenic properties in recent years, and continues to grow in popularity for its incredible qualities.With its medicinal history deeply grounded in ancient Ayurvedic medicine, Ashwagandha is more popular than ever, with benefits ranging from reducing anxiety and boosting mood combatting exhaustion and improving sleep quality.
- Rhodiola has wonderful adaptogen properties including its ability to support memory, concentration, mental performance, learning ability and physical endurance. It also supports our work productivity, fights fatigue, supports mood, and helps us adapt to stress.
- Siberian ginseng boasts fatigue-fighting and tonic properties, imbibing with a sense of vigour and supporting overall wellbeing, helping to cultivate energy and resilience as well as supporting mental function, concentration and memory.
Supporting metabolism, healthy hair and nails
Naturally sourced iodine from kelp supports our thyroid function, and therefore a glorious mane and healthy metabolism.
Deficiency in Biotin is linked to thinning, brittle hair and dry, irritated skin. MULTI-TASKER also contains nutrients for supporting healthy skin, the immune system and antioxidant status, it's truly a multitasker.
- Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy--A
Review. Nutrients. 2016;8(2):68. Published 2016 Jan 27. doi:10.3390/nu8020068
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Effects of Adaptogens on the Central Nervous System and the Molecular Mechanisms Associated with Their Stress—Protective
Activity. Pharmaceuticals. 2010; 3(1):188-224. https://doi.org/10.3390/ph3010188
- Stress: Concepts, Cognition, Emotion, and Behaviour, Handbook of Stress Series Volume 1, 2016, Pages 139-144 https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-800951-2.00016-9
- The Phytotherapy Desk Reference: 6th Edition; M. Thomsen, 15th March 2022